Friday 5 August 2016

Itsatashathing: Parenting goals

Hi everyone,

So when your pregnant I guess everyone starts planning ahead for when their child gets older. We've been doing this a lot recently saying what we will and won't do.

I thought I'd make a list of the things we've said and see if we stick to them.

1. Sweet allowance! When our little girl gets to about 4/5 I want them to have something nice but not to over indulge in sweets. What we've said is when we go to do our shopping on a Friday or Saturday they can have £1. It's up to then what they want to do with the £1. If they want to use it wisely and but 5 packs for £1 or buy 1 thing for the pound that's their decision. Whatever they buy will be given in small allowances throughout the week.

2. No squash! We're going to try and stay with just milk and water for as long as possible. When she starts school we may introduce squash but only a very weak amount.

3. If we say no we mean no! Easy to say but not so easy to do. If we say no to having something that's how it stays.

4. Following through on discipline. Again if we say no tele, we mean no tele. I believe its all to easy to say these things and go back on them. To me a child is then going to think 'oh mummy and daddy don't mean that when they say it, I can do it again next time.' That's not what we want. We don't want to be strict but there's boundaries.

5. Pocket money! Sort of like the sweet thing but I believe it should be earned. Nothing comes for free in life and that to me is a valuable life lesson. By this I don't mean making a 4 year old sweep and mop the floors. It's just simple things like if they get their toys out, they need to pack them away. 

That's what we have put together and I hope we can stick to this. Did you think of things like this and didn't go to plan? Or, did you think of things and stuck to them through the tough times? Let me know in the comments!

Tasha x


No comments:

Post a Comment